PD Dr. Reinhard Klein-Arendt
PD Dr. Reinhard Klein-Arendt – research consultant in the higher education sector
- Studied African Languages and Cultures, Social Anthropology and Political Science at the University of Cologne. PhD 1992, Habilitation 2000 (venia legendi for African Languages and Cultures at the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Cologne).
- Many years of teaching experience at domestic and foreign universities and at the Federal Office of Languages of the German Armed Forces. Many years of experience as supervisor of master’s and doctoral theses as well as examiner in African Languages and Cultures and as external examiner in Egyptology and Social Anthropology.
- Supervision of German students of African Languages and Cultures in Poland and Tanzania. About a dozen field research stays in Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and Zambia. Archive research in Malawi, Germany and Belgium.
- Since 1986 author in the scientific and non-scientific sector. Since then publication of 7 books and about 80 articles in scientific journals.
- From 1992 to 1993 coordinator for the establishment of the Collaborative Research Centre 389 “Arid Climate, Adaptation and Cultural Innovation in Africa”. Subsequently, many years of work as a research assistant in the CRC 389 and at the Institute for African Studies, University of Cologne.
- Extensive experience in applying for research funding (scholarships, project funds). Reviewer for the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Write a message to us.
Or call us directly. +49 (0) 221 16 88 99 0