Dr. Birte Kathage
Dr. Birte Kathage – research consultant in the higher education sector
- Co-founder and CEO of proWiss: Since 2003 research consultant at proWiss – covering research funding, grant proposal writing, project design and management, capacity building and international research cooperation – Germany and worldwide.
- Since 2013 coordinator of contents, facilitator, and head trainer for the training program “DIES ProGRANT Proposal Writing for Research Grants” of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Rectors’ Conference. The trainings are organized by the International Office of the University of Cologne. Target group: researchers in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- Grant writing consultant for the Quality Management, Faculty of Arts and Humanities (University of Cologne): individual consultation on funding opportunities and grant application writing for scientific research projects. Target groups: Professors and mid-level faculty members (habilitated researchers and postdocs).
- Trainings on the acquisition of third-party funding for academic staff at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Cologne. (2007-2014)
- Awardee of the Offermann Hergarten Foundation 2005: dissertation award for scientific quality; methodological innovations; clarity, precision and comprehensibility in presentation and argumentation structure
- Doctorate 2003
- Research assistant (Collaborative Research Unit ACACIA) and lecturer at the University of Cologne.
- Planning and implementation of several researches and projects abroad, including Taiwan, Mali, Kenya, and Namibia.
- Five years entrepreneurial experience as CEO of a medium-sized retail company: Business administration, operational and strategic management, human resources management, project management
- African Studies, Medieval and Modern History, Political Science and Sinology in Cologne and Taipei (Taiwan). Graduation as Magister Artium.
Write a message to us.
Or call us directly.
+49 (0) 221 16 88 99 0